Rectangle: Rounded Corners: HOCKERING VILLAGE

Your village, our passion.

Parish Council Minutes and Agendas

next parish meeting on the TBC at 7:30pm

HOCKERING PARISH COUNCIL

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD TUESDAY 11th FEBRUARY 2020

 

 

PRESENT: D Johnson, R Hawker, M. Darge, Mrs R Neave, M. Mason. 

 

CHAIRMAN:        Derrick Johnson.

 

CLERK: Penny Hawker

 

APOLOGIES:. Ms J Virgoe.

 

The meeting was held at the village hall.

 

The vicar, Mark McCaghrey attended to discuss any plans the village has for celebrating the 75th anniversary of VE day on Friday 8th May 2020. It was suggested that the village hold a coffee morning and ask the school if the children would like to take part in a painting competition.

 

The minutes of the last meeting of 14th January 2020 were agreed correct and signed by the Chairman, Derrick Johnson.

 

MATTERS ARISING.   Filled-in drains at the 6-bungalow development, Heath Road: There is still no further progress with this. D Johnson will continue to pursue the problem.

 

REMOVAL OF TRAFFIC FROM CHURCH LANE. This proposal is now progressing. The aim is to make traffic one-way No entry from A47 and access from the village past the church and then onto the A47. Agricultural traffic would still maintain two-way passage. Signs will be needed at both ends of Church Lane.

 

 

PARISH COUNCILLOR DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS: no requests for dispensation this month.

 

 

PLANNING & ROADS

 

3PL/2020/0025/VAR.  Hill House Park Lane Hockering. Variation of Condition 2 to 3PL/2017/1301. Details were circulated as deadline for comments was 5th February 2020.

There were no objections.

 

3PL/2020/0027/HOU. 18 Heath Road Hockering. Single storey front extension. Details were circulated as deadline for comments was 5th February 2020.

There were no objections.

 

3PL/2020/0049/VAR. Hill House Park Lane Hockering. Variation of Condition 2 to 3PL/2016/1552/F.

Main changes are to car ports and addition of garden rooms. There were no objections to the changes to this development.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

The planning department have, however, been advised that the correct address is Albatross Road, not Park Lane. Also, concerns still remain about the access to this development onto the A47. It was clear that Breckland DC is taking no action and this was not considered acceptable. It will be pursued.

 

3PL/2020/0110/LB The Manor House, The Street, Hockering. Replacement windows to side and rear of property.

There were no objections.

 

Tmabark have written to advise that they will shortly be submitting a planning application on a newly acquired site of 18 acres on Hungate Common Road, east of their existing site. The application will cover the already-constructed agricultural-type building and a further new hardstanding area. It will not generate more traffic but create two new jobs.

 

NORWICH WESTERN LINK. Sustainable transport measures are currently being looked at by NCC. A review is being carried out of all public footpaths and bridleways. A public consultation on some specific elements of the Norwich Western Link will be held in the Spring.

 

 

FINANCE

Risk Assessment for the year 2020. Various actions were considered necessary:-

 

Noticeboard: It was agreed to look for a new board. The suggestion was to place it inside the brick bus shelter, with a solar-powered light mounted above it. Possible options will now be sought.

 

Bus shelters: It was decided to retain the existing metal bus shelter but effect some minor repairs to the base.

The brick bus shelter is considered to be satisfactory and no action is needed. Although it is no longer cleaned regularly, councillors monitor its state and remove any litter.

 

The Stile Footpath: maintenance of the trees is currently being undertaken to ensure their safety. Extensive work was done in Summer 2019. The shrubs at the side of the path are almost covering it. Work will be arranged to cut them back now before the Spring growth.

 

Play Area: An annual inspection by RoSPA takes place in June each year. There is sufficient money in the budget to cover any repairs needed. It was determined that more bark is needed on the existing surface. This will now be arranged.

The Parish council owns the area and monitors it closely.

 

Dog Bins (5): Low maintenance. Serco, via Breckland council, help with the upkeep.

A new bin was considered necessary at Park Lane. This will be investigated.

 

 

Village Sign: Inspected regularly. It was suggested that a guard be erected around the base of the sign to protect it from rotting. This will be organised.

 

Parish Map: No action necessary.

 

Parish insurance cover for public liability is £5m. All other costs for property damage etc. is a further £5m.

 

 

PAYMENTS THIS MONTH:

No payments this month.

VAT refund of £164.86 received.

 

 

OTHER ISSUES:

 

METAL BUS SHELTER. Discussed under Risk Assessment.

 

R Hawker will attend the Parish Paths Seminar on 28th February 2020. Legislation on footpaths is changing and any paths not on the definitive map need to be registered by 2026. This will be raised at the seminar.

 

CORRESPONDENCE:

Nothing of note this month.

 

 

AOB: The rusty sign at the end of Manor Close is to be replaced.

 

QUESTIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC. Nothing this month.

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Tuesday 10th March 2020 at 7.30pm at Hockering Village Hall. 

 

 

 

PENNY HAWKER

HOCKERING PARISH CLERK

HOCKERING PARISH COUNCIL

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD TUESDAY 14th JANUARY 2020

 

 

PRESENT: D Johnson, R Hawker, M. Darge, Mrs R Neave, M. Mason. 

CHAIRMAN:        Derrick Johnson.

CLERK: Penny Hawker

APOLOGIES: Ms J Virgoe.

 

The meeting was held at the village hall.

 

The minutes of the last meeting of 10th December 2019 were agreed correct and signed by the Chairman, Derrick Johnson.

 

MATTERS ARISING.   Update on filled-in drains at the 6-bungalow development, Heath Road: D Johnson reported that some of the drains have been excavated and cleared even though he was not informed this was going to take place. He will continue to pursue the problem as those further north have not been cleared.

 

PARISH COUNCILLOR DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS: no requests for dispensation this month.

 

PLANNING & ROADS

 

Highways England A47 meeting at the village hall on Monday 16th December 2019 for Hockering parishioners.

The parish council said that the main issue was access to various side roads that could be blocked off when the A47 is dualled.

It was important that parishioners could access Mattishall as the Doctors’ surgery is there. It was suggested that there could be an underpass at Mattishall Lane for pedestrians and cyclists and that an access road to Fox Lane should be constructed. The clerk will put these points to Highways England.

 

REMOVAL OF TRAFFIC FROM CHURCH LANE. NCC have put forward some suggestions for restricting traffic and the parish council decided that the best idea would be as follows:

No entry from A47 and access only one-way from the village past the church and then onto the A47. Agricultural traffic would still maintain two-way passage. R Hawker will put this forward to NCC.

 

FINANCE

 

The clerk advised that she has claimed the VAT refund of £164.86 due for the past 12 months. This is now done online and the website is not user-friendly. The refund should be paid directly into the parish bank account.

 

PAYMENTS THIS MONTH:

M I Darge. HQN edit and print. Winter edition. £392.00

Hockering Village Hall. Annual hire. £270.00

 

OTHER ISSUES:

METAL BUS SHELTER.It was agreed that this could not be repaired satisfactorily and that a replacement in the existing location should be sought. M Mason agreed to investigate the options. The trustees of the Hockering Poor and Townlands charity have offered a contribution of up to £2000 towards the cost.

 

The clerk reminded the council of the Breckland Forum to be held at the Breckland council offices on Wednesday 12th February. R Hawker said he would attend.

 

CORRESPONDENCE:

Nothing of note this month.

 

 

AOB: A response from NCC Highways is still awaited regarding the rusty sign at the end of Manor Close. The clerk will contact the department again.

 

Parish Paths Seminar 28th February. To be held at Thompson Community Hall, Thompson.

R Hawker offered to attend.

 

QUESTIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC. Nothing this month.

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Tuesday 11th February 2020 at 7.30pm at Hockering Village Hall. 

 

 

 

PENNY HAWKER

HOCKERING PARISH CLERK

 

HOCKERING PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

 AT HOCKERING VILLAGE HALL

 AGENDA FOR TUESDAY 10th MARCH 2020 @ 7.30PM

 

1) Apologies.

 

2) Minutes of last meeting – 11th February 2020.

2a) Matters arising from the Minutes.

 

3) Parish Councillor disclosable pecuniary interests - requests for dispensation.

 

4) Planning and Road issues

 

3PL/2020/0027/HOU. 18 Heath Road Hockering. Single storey front extension. Result of application.

 

A47 North Tuddenham to Easton dualling scheme. Public consultation. At Hockering village hall on 28th February 2020.  Discussion. Consultation runs until 8th April 2020.

 

Norwich Western Link project. Update.

 

Review of current developments and meetings.   

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

 

5) Finances

Risk Assessment for the year 2020. Confirmation of decisions taken at last meeting.

 

Details of expenditure and payments to be made since last meeting.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

 

6) Other issues.

Bus services consultation. Comments had to be in by 10th March 2020.

 

Parish noticeboard. Discussion re replacement. M Mason to give update.

 

Report on the Breckland Forum held 12th February 2020. R Hawker.

Report on the Parish Paths seminar held 28th February 2020. R Hawker.

 

HQN Spring edition. Update.

 

VE Day 75th Anniversary. 8th May 2020. Discussion re plans for celebration.

 

 

7) Correspondence.

 

8) AOB – to include items / issues reported to various authorities this month.

 

9) Questions from members of the public.

 

10) Date of next meeting – ** Tuesday 7th April 2020 at 7.30pm.

 

** Note that the April meeting will be held one week earlier than usual.

 

 

PENNY HAWKER -  HOCKERING PARISH CLERK